Hey. What’s up? Hello. Besides being the lyrics to Trap Queen (I can’t stop listening to it), I thought that was a fitting first line for my very first blog post(I really just didn’t know what else to start with)! I’m not a huge fan of these “let me tell you about myself” posts, but I feel like it’s necessary if you’re going to be reading about my life and my insights. Or what I hope can be considered insights…they may just be ramblings. But that’s beside the point. I guess I’ll just start with the basics then.
I was born in Silver Spring, Maryland which is basically Washington, D.C. because it’s literally across the street. I lived there with my mom until I was 3 when we moved in with my grandparents in New Castle, Pennsylvania while she worked on her MBA at Youngstown State University. When I was about to turn 5, we moved to North Canton, Ohio and that’s the place I’ve called home ever since. North Canton is a big town disguised as a small town about hour southeast of Cleveland. It’s a pretty awesome place to grow up, but that didn’t stop me from getting the hell out of there the very first chance I got and that’s how I ended up moving across the state for college.
College. I go to the University of Cincinnati. I’m going into my fourth year here and my first year of graduate school. I’m a biological anthropology student and I want to go into forensics someday and work with the UN on human rights cases. Pretty intense stuff, I know. We don’t really have a forensics program at UC, but with the help of my really awesome professors, I’m making it work. People told me I should leave and go somewhere else, but that never even crossed my mind. I love being here at the #hottestcollegeinamerica and I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.
Even though I couldn’t wait to get away from home, I talk to my mom pretty much daily. Sometimes more often than that. She’s my rock, my idol, and the best person I know. I’m an only child and I’ve never met my dad so it’s been just me and her for the past 21 years of my life. I think she did a pretty good job raising me on her own. I don’t think I could have done it. Kathy’s a rockstar and a pretty badass engineer too.
Anyway, because I don’t want this to be 1,000 words and you don’t want to read 1,000 words, I’ll just list some little tidbits about myself. I’ll call them golden nuggets.
- I run cross country and track for the University of Cincinnati
- My favorite events on the track are the 3000m steeplechase because who doesn’t like running through an obstacle course?! and the mile because going fast is fun.
- I graduated a year early this month with my bachelor’s in anthropology.
- I also ran my first 5k on the track the morning of graduation. That was fun. (It was actually really hard, but I PRed)
- I really like movies. Like REALLY like them. Especially when they come with popcorn. Homemade though. That’s the only way to go.
- I’m addicted to coffee. I couldn’t survive without it. My Keurig is next to my bed…I blame my mother for this.
- Bravo television is my guilty pleasure. I love the Real Housewives.
- I like to be outside doing things so winter makes me sad. Being cold is not fun.
- Daffodils make me smile
- I have a slight obsession with Batman. Slight.
- Dolphins are my absolute favorite animal.
- Cory and Topanga. Relationship goals. Life goals. All around goals.
I think that’s all you need to know for now. Also, I think I’m starting to get boring.